Thursday, November 11, 2010

Camping Stove Review

I recently bought the Brunton Raptor Camping Stove and I wanted to share with everyone what a wonderful addition to your campsite must do this supplies haves. If you love it, backpacking I would particularly recommend this oven. It is very light and compact, but it is designed to support large, sturdy pot. It also has a wonderful feature a piezo ignition (I'll explain what this later in the article).

I would recommend this oven for just 1 to 2People. If you used the family backpacking then you are definitely more than one of these stoves have to plan. I found the precision simmering control pretty amazing, and it can boil a liter of water in 4 minutes. For such a small, compact stove to do this is quite an achievement. I also found that one 8 oz canister will burn for up to 1.5 hours on high power. This camping stove operates on any standard threaded Lindal fuel cartridge that you want tosold separately.

So what is a piezo ignition? When a small button on a portable camping stove, a tiny, spring-loaded hammer strikes a quartz crystal and produces a spark to ignite the fuel is pushed. No matches required. No electrical connection required, even if sometimes used wires to the spark location away from moving the crystal itself.

Finally, if you as a lightweight, compact yet sturdy stove that can do this all, I wouldrecommend the Raptor camp stove. Pack this compact cooker in a backpack or with your other camping supplies and you'll soon discover why you never want to go home without leaving it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment